In these days of quarantine, which could well be understood as a demand from the earth in the face of human activities and unconscious resource extraction, it is important to be responsible to our community and to respect #IStayAtHome.
That is why from Nature Experience we want to recommend you different free activities, so that you can continue discovering the wonders that this planet holds from the comfort of your home.
Travel and discover your favorite places thanks to 360º technologies that will allow you to feel as if you were there
- In this link, you can discover the most impressive museums in the world through virtual tours of their best rooms, explore the art and cultural evolution of civilizations around the world: https://quatremille.be/10-musees-en-ligne-a-visiter-depuis-chez-vous-gratuitement/
- Google Arts and Culture, is a compilation made by Google of several national parks and museums in virtual tours as well as samples of Artwork, in high quality: https://artsandculture.google.com/
- Travel back in time through this interesting selection of virtual tours of the historical monuments of ancient civilizations scattered around the world: https://www.franzabaleta.com/index.php/8-mundos-historicos/290-como-viajar-sin-salir-de-casa-visitas-virtuales-a-lugares-historicos?fbclid=IwAR2NrvYCajaUYIjMhEzB6raCjzQo5hSOtTwzUQVt6jWwhQwi7np77MfhP-c
- Stellarium is an application that can be downloaded and installed on any operating system. It allows us to discover the behavior of our solar system and our galaxy, showing us the star map that can be observed from different points of the planet, allowing us to discover the cycles of the earth and other mysteries that keep the stars and were the basis of ancient knowledge: https://stellarium.org
And of course, we can’t put entertainment aside to avoid going crazy during quarantine. Here we leave you with an audiovisual selection of titles that you can enjoy for free on the web.
- EDOC Festival gives us the selection made in 2019 during the show presented in Quito with a selection of the best documentaries of the last year: http://festivaledoc.org/?fbclid=IwAR3Sh6qs6gHx7RUxnMIvzMgFUljWeH9zt0NWxRopX3cWB2iyNCImLVqw_Z8
- Retina Latina is a platform where we can constantly find the latest in Latin American audiovisual utopias: https://www.retinalatina.org/
- Festival Afuera, an adventure film festival, offers us the selection “Festival Adentro Ecuador #YoMeQuedoEnCasa” for you to enjoy: http://afuera.com.ec/?fbclid=IwAR3_07uzF9jqB6ngSRtbu2x2w-pCGupeAUyHqGwB7Y1IL2rX767ZwFON9NM
- If you want to develop new knowledge about birds, those animals so varied that accompany from our walks in nature, to our daily life, here some samples of ornithologists to learn about the behavior of this extraordinary species: https://www.allaboutbirds.org/news/how-to-make-these-next-few-weeks-a-little-easier-courtesy-of-birds/
- And for our French-speaking audience, we leave you a relay with the best videos to elevate the spirit at all times: https://www.konbini.com/fr/videos
And finally we present you the largest book repository on the web, the UNESCO World Digital Library, which is free to access so that you can enjoy a very varied bibliography from all eras of humanity: https://www.wdl.org/es/
Remember not to lose your daily habits despite the confinement and make the most of this time to rethink our role in the world. Let us question the impact our lives have on the planet and reinvent a society that is more solidary and respectful of others regardless of their class, gender, race or species.
For the sake of you and all of society, #StayAtHome.
Translation by: Delphien Vandermersch